Tuesday, May 1, 2012
So I am starting a blog to share with my family and friends my adventures of an American in Canada ... with hopes in the future of becoming a real Canadian :). Scary? Perhaps, but I cannot wait to see what the future has in store. I have visited Canada a number of times over the past almost year (beginning in August of 2011) due to a certain someone that will remain nameless until later in this post.
My first visit was to Vancouver, where I saw the sights, took in the food and enjoyed the amazing company of some now very dear friends. In the states there are always jokes about Canadians, their way of living, talking etc ... but little do most Americans know that they fire it right back. I wasn't shocked, it actually makes me laugh every day. Canada is not America's hat but a cultural epic country with so much to see and do. I look forward to the future and how many new things I will get to see and do.
Toronto was my next area ... rather just south/west of Toronto in a wonderful place called Cambridge, Ontario. I was introduced to another group of friends whom today I consider to be part of my family. I made the trip up there in October of 2011 and found my way back in March. So here it is the first of May and I am headed to the wonderful Cambridge again ... but this time for an extended period of time. I am so excited for this new adventure and scared at the same time, not because I am taking a risk, but because this is a new chapter of my life that I had not anticipated to open at this period. But here I am, waiting in an airport for my next leg in hopes that i will make it on the next flight (I am flying stand-by and for those of you who don't know what that means, google.com is a great source).
The best part of this day is the surprise that is to come. Lets get to that certain someone. His name is Nick, no other names needed for the sake of himself. He is the one I love. I promise this blog won't turn into some sappy love story, but I just have to share about him. I met him over a year ago and we clicked in an instant. He is dynamic, funny, and the goofiest man I have ever met and we play video games together. That's right .... games! It is a great way to bond, btw people. Anywho .... he has NO clue that I am coming today. He THINKS I am supposed to arrive on the 8th of the month, but with the help of our amazing friends, we have kept the secret that I will be arriving tonight. So when I get a photo of his face, I will make sure to post it on the blog .... I just can't wait to see his reaction.
So this will be continued as I have more to post, with pictures and awesomeness of epic proportions. Be on the look out for our adventures in Anime North where the two of us will be going as Ash and Pikachu. Here we go ... *twiddles thumbs*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment